Intention according to The Free Dictionary it is a course of action that one intends to follow, an aim that guides action, an objective.
The starting point to fulfilling your dreams the force/energy that fulfills our needs whatever they may be, from health and love to money and of course spiritual awakening. An intention statement is a statement that talks about what one wants to do, or intends to do.
What is a Pure Intention?
Spiritually speaking pure intention taps into divine energy (versus ego energy), it is for the highest good, and it is non-competing.
Pure intentions are infused with an unconditional and clear knowing that the fulfillment of it will have a positive learning, growing and/or healing outcome for you and for all those involved, it is your next best step (or direction) towards a more fulfilling life, and that you are worthy to receive what you want to manifest. In other words it's for the best and highest good for all.
Once you create an intention, check in with yourself and see if it feels pure. Is it clear? Is it something you can put on a bumper sticker and be proud of? Do your other intentions support it? Do you feel there is a divine reason for the intention (versus ego reason)? Is it for the highest good of all concerned? Does it feel peaceful and relaxing?
When setting Intentions they should be
- Meaningful to You - be true and authentic to yourself
- Present Tense of the End Result- An intention is complete and directs your choices and your energy.
- Expansive - Since you do not know how good it can be, do not limit yourself to what you can receive!
- Achievable & Believable to You - You should feel that your intention is achievable and believable for it cannot conflict with your core belief.
- Positive - An intention is stated in the positive, or what you want, versus what you don’t want.
- Being versus Doing- Call in Grace and Ease - Intentions include how you want to receive the manifestation of your intention. You will be best served to use words like easily, gracefully, peacefully, naturally, joyfully, harmoniously, etc.
- Empowering Words - Since your intention is 100% believable to you, do not use the words “always” or “never” because that is unrealistic.
- Clear and Concise - Exactly what do you want your experience to look and feel like? The shorter, the better. Long intentions tend to get, and keep you, in your head.
1. Pick the length of time for your segment. It can be any length of time, but no more than an hour. You can decide exactly what time a segment will start and end, or you can simply set a new intention as you begin a new activity.
2. Decide on your aim for that segment. It could be a list of tasks, a state of being, or both. For instance, you might decide that you will strive to remain light-heartened while you return phone calls for 30 minutes. Or it could be that you are intending to drive safely, arriving at your destination on time, refreshed, or that you will shop with grace and ease finding everything on your list, and a cashier waiting to great you! This is how I move through traffic with all greens lights, how I never wait in line for a cashier, and always drive safely!
3. When the segment start time arrives, start your segment with no second thoughts. Put your attention solely on the tasks for that segment and nothing else.
Practice doing these segments throughout the day. Each segment is a training period for your mind, and will teach your mind to assist you in whatever you are doing. Through Segment intending you’ll find your mind becoming much more responsive to your needs as a spirit. Enjoy!